Friday, September 19, 2008

Sate Lizard

Sate is actually a South East Asian food where marinated meats were skewered and barbecued in bite-size pieces not forgetting its best friend the irresistible peanut dipping sauce (sate kuah). Hahaha, not everybody enjoys sate with the sauce but for me, I prefer the sauce to the sate.

However, the title is definitely not about lizard meat on a stick. It was actually a lizard I saw while I was eating in a sate shop in Damansara Utama. The lizard was actually hunting for its prey a.k.a. insects. Let me show you the proof:


Mr. Lizard spotted its next prey (definitely not the first)


The insect did not manage to escape from the rapacious lizard

Enough of Mr. Lizard. Lets hop on to the main topic,sate. This sate restaurant was introduced to me by my brother which he tried it on random with his friends. like their sate because it is barbecued to perfection particularly their 'Perut' (stomach) and 'Ikan' (fish) as well as their sate sauce which is filled with peanuts. Oh how I love peanuts!!! I am yet to try their venison, mutton and rabbit meat. Let me show you some of the pictures I manage to snap as pictures paint a thousand words.


Sate Kajang Hj. Samuri
No. 79, Jalan 21/37,
Damansara Uptown



Menu


The restaurant's layout


Black and white photos giving the traditional feeling


Kerosene lamps to enhance their old-fashioned layout


Left: Beef (darker colour) Right: Chicken


Clockwise from top: Perut, Chicken and Beef


Close-up of Sate Perut (Stomach), my favourite!


Sate sauce, cucumbers and 'nasi impit''
I can just drink the sate sauce like that!



Me, Bread and Sate Dipping

This is one of my favourite way to savour bread besides peanut butter of course *grins*. I love peanut to death! My dad thought me how to eat bread with sate sauce and he mentioned that bread and sate sauce are best mates. He actually eats bread more than sate itself when there's sate sauce. The sauce flavour is enhanced by the plainess of bread and it's irrisistable. Dave tried it once and this time, he purposely went to buy a loaf of bread as he too enjoy eating it in such way. In my opinion, bread taste alot better with the sauce than 'nasi impit'/Ketupat or pressed rice (direct translation).

I remember during my younger days when I was still staying in Sandakan, my family would usually request for extra sauce whenever we pack sate back home for dinner so that we could keep part of the sauce in the refridgerator and eat it with bread for lunch the next day. The sauce still taste great even when it's cold. I miss Sandakan's sate, they have the most delicious sate sauce I've ever tasted.

Overall, the price was reasonable (Rm17.00 for 5 Perut, 5 Beef and 10 Chicken + 2 drinks + 2 plates of nasi impit) and taste wise was not bad in my opinion. Worth coming back for!

No comments:

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.