Sunday, September 14, 2008

Face Painting

Prior to joining the workforce and going into the society as an adult, in my opinion, mastering the makeup skill is essential for females so that one will appear neat and more respectful or for certain girls, prettier *giggles*. However, I still don't know how to makeup or even choose the right colour for my skin/lips. I'm sure I'm not the only one though.

On my recent convocation, I saw friends and most ladies had their face painted or should I say makeup (madeup?) but I just had a simple lip gloss on. It's not that I do not want to but my makeup kits were left unused for at least 1 year and worst, I don't know how to apply decent makeups. I didn't dare use it as my skin may end up growing volcanoes. I remember after my prom, even after I washed the thick makeups off my face, I had zits/acne/pimples (I'm unsure which) on my face. Probably I do have sensitive skin or maybe I'm allergic to certain subtances in the cosmetics.

Currently, I'm learning on certain makeup application through forums and blogs, particularly for the eyes.
I think to makeup on my single eyelid is very tough. Applying eyeliner is tricky too as different thickness would cause the eye the look different. I'm not sure how effective can this method be but practice is a must as there's a common saying, practice makes perfect. I do like the smokey effect on eyes else the nude makeup style as it's more natural. Besides my eye, I also have problems with my lips. They peel easily so whenever I apply lipstick or lipgloss or even lipbalm, they appear as if like a cracked wall found in ruins. Also, my lip's colour appear to be darker too so those lighter/nude colour lipsticks are not suitable for me. I'm dying to learn on how to makeup but I know I will not master such skill overnight. Above all that, I will have to first buy basic cosmetics which will cost me some moolah again *Sigh*

1 comment:

Gwencws said...

Apply lip balm every nite before u sleep...apply thick! Thats wat i do to keep my lips moisturised. Miss one nite and it'll be dry edi.

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.