Sunday, August 31, 2008

Selamat Hari Merdeka Malaysia

Happy Independence Day to all Malaysians! Today is the day where back in the year of 1957, Malaysia declared its independence. I did not attend any countdowns as I expect jams to occur like the years before. I personally feel that this 51st National Day isn't as "hot" or intense as compare to years before. I don't see many cars carry the National flag, Jalur Gemilang nor many buildings display it. Some said probably it's due to the Olympics which diverted the nations' attention. Probably the current politic condition had also affected the nations' patriotism? Anyways, as long as we're living in a peaceful country, that's all that matters to me.

There are so many upcoming events and celebrations towards the end of the year. Firstly, today we're celebrating Malaysia's Indenpendence Day! Then, we'll have the "Bulan Ramadhan" (tomorrow starts?) when Muslims will fast for a month (weeee.... this means I'll be enjoying the Bazaar Ramadhan's food). I especially love caramel puddings and ayam perchik and kebabs and fried spicy spring roll and many more. On the other hand, the chinese will be celebrating the Mid-Autumn Moon Cake festival (14th September 2008) followed by Deepavali on the 28th of October. In the month of December, we'll be expecting "Hari Raya Qurban" (Feast of the Sacrifice), Christmas and "Awal Muharram" (Islamic New Year).

I'm most looking forward to Christmas. Since young, I've always loved Christmas. It's because it is an indication of the end of a current year and the entry into a new year. Besides that, during schooling years, year end (Christmas ) means we'll be having a long year-end-semester break. Also, I particularly loved Christmas because I like Christmas songs alot!! They are always joyful, merry and happy!! Then, the shopping malls will be fully decorated with colourful pretty Christmas ornaments. *Giggles* I can't wait for Christmas to come.


Pardon me, but I am feeling very Christmassy already *grins*

No comments:

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.