Friday, August 29, 2008

I have become a D-Addict

Recently, I've become a DRAMA ADDICT! What kind of drama? Hahaha, I couldn't believe it myself. It's Taiwanese drama. Let me explain that later. Anyways, I've been stucked at my monitor for days to complete the whole drama as fast as I can. Prior to this particular drama, I wasn't a fan of TAIWAN drama because I personally think that their movies are mostly sad love stories, alot of cryings, flashbacks and many more. Well, the drama I watched recently and which has successfully changed my stubborn opinion is actually "Bull Fighting / Hooping Dulcinea" (Dou Niu, Yao Bu Yao?). It's still on show on our local channel (?). At first, I didn't even bother watching it. However, as episodes by episodes were being shown I couldn't help but await patiently for the coming episodes. This was till my brother told me that he has a full episodes of it. That's when my addiction started and this explains the long pause I gave to my blog.

My first Taiwan drama was Meteor Garden (Season 1 and 2) (
Liu Xing Hua Yuan)
which I didn't actually watch the whole drama. I didn't want to get a mixture of feelings. This could be probably I'm a very very easily-emotionally-influenced type of person. When the story is sad, I get sad, when it's frustrating, I will get stressed-up and angry and when it's happy, I'll be happy. To be frank, even though it's already 2 days after I completed the drama, I'm still filled with thoughts of the starring(s) (Hebe & Mike He). I personally think the movie is touching. This is another reason why I never really like watching dramas.. I get too emotionally involved. Sad huh? Too much of drama really can affect me (?) *wonders*

I used to watch Korean drama as well but as I watched the 4th and 5th drama, I found that their storyline is about the same. They usually involve 1 man/2 women or 2 men/1 woman love story which saddens and frustrates me because I'm quite bias as I only support the actor/actress I like in a particular drama. I stopped watching such drama as I felt emotionally tired after a full series. One of the saddest Korean drama I've watched was Winter Sonata.

I realized Taiwan dramas show alot of flashbacks. So, there wouldn't be a problem if you've missed out the earlier episodes as there'll surely be showing flashbacks. This is an advantage to viewers however, to me, I find it a lil' irritating as I couldn't wait for the ending to come and they wouldn't stop wasting more time on repeating certain scenes. How frustrating when you can't wait to know the story more but they keep showing the previous scenes. *pif* Anyway, I guess I'm getting use to Taiwan drama and I wouldn't mind watching them *grins*

No comments:

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.