Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Where is justice?

I was chatting with my friend, Sonia when she sent me a link of an online local news, reporting a 17-year old girl was forced to perform oral sex prior to being raped. Rape cases are indeed common even in our country. IMO, of course it is as our country's penalty given to such criminals are not heavy enough.. fine, jail, caned? However, this time, what I read in the online news was even more shocking. The assault was committed by a POLICEMAN and the crime was performed in the police station itself in Selangor. Another source stated that the CRIMINAL was suspended from work currently for investigation. I sure hope he will get what he deserves... BURN & ROT in hell after suffering massive pain in his penis. This news has really ignites my ANGER.

Being a COP means that he/she should be aware of the meaning and the act of CRIME and also the charges as well as the penalty given if proven guilty (pardon me for the type of words I use as I'm not familiar with the world of LAW). IMO, upon knowing and still commit such act should be charged double, triple or more times than of civilians that committed the similar act. Such embarrassing shameful act committed by the police force can shake the trust of civilians. Instead of protecting civilians, they are committing crimes themselves. People may have to think twice before even going to the police station to lodge a report. Criminals or potential criminals may think that even the police force are doing such crime and why not them? Worst is if the proven guilty policeman is given only small penalty. Question of such may arise, why can he do it and not I?

I sure hope there is still justice in this country and I hope the authority will act accordingly to prevent such cases to repeat. The authorities and police force should not misuse their power (authority). They should charge/punish proven criminals accordingly and not demand them to perform unethical acts which encourages more crimes (e.g. bribery, sexual assault, slavery, etc.) I'm not in a position to condemn or comment on such issues but I sure hope people will think of what the victims had gone through and potential-innocent-to-be victims have to suffer and go through.

No comments:

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.