Friday, June 27, 2008

Wendy's Burger

This isn't the first time I had Wendy's, I'm going back to try out their other menu variety as I always read reviews from blogs recommending several dishes from Wendy's. So, our first try out was before my exam and another time was after. I've been trying out new items whereas Dave kept going back for there "Shrimp Supreme". In our first try out, we ordered their "shrimp supreme" of course and "premium fish fillet". Our side orders are none other than their "Cheese N Cheese baked potatoes" as well as "vanilla frosty". My brother personally prefers their shrimp burger and baked potatoes. Unfortunately, I did not take any photos back then.

I must say their "shrimp supreme" is one of my favourite as it is unique and delicious. We can even see shrimps within the patty, soft and tender, so yummy~~~! However, their "premium fish fillet" was OK for me. Probably they should add more lettuce & tomatoes in it to give the burger more Ommmph! Lol. Overall, their burger was nice as their bun is soft. I'm very choosy when it comes to burgers. I don't like burger buns that are too dry, too hard and those that are too filled or too loose till each bite can cause large amount of crumbles to fall out. Also, the patties shouldn't be overcooked and not too dried up as it will irritate my throat and make me cough my lungs out. Oh ya.. not forgetting the thickness. (*hard to make my business???) Haha, I need gravy and sauces when it comes to food. The baked potato was not bad. However, I definitely cannot finish a whole potato myself. Frosty was a bit too sweet to last me the whole cup if you get what I mean. It's like, *first sip* wow! not bad, *tenth sip* hmm.. still not bad but can feel the sweetness lingers on your tongue and then towards the end, feel sick drinking it. Probably I can't take in too much of sweet milky drinks. It was more like a milk shake to me. I still prefer Julius Orange milk shake.

In our second trip there, we ordered again their "shrimp supreme" and this time, I wanted to try out their "1/4 pound single" (beef). Their beef was nice. Aromatic and tender enough to chew through without force and it wasn't dry at all. I like the thickness of their beef patty; not too thick and not too thin. It was juicy in the inside and there were enough vege which I like. No wonder beef burgers are their signature dish. This time, we didn't order any special drinks, just their soft drinks which comes together with their combo set and we added on another of their specialty "Chili". I was tempted to try this dish out as I sighted many tables had it. I thought it was spicy but it tasted more like pasta. I sighted tomatoes and it was rich in minced beef. Maybe it will taste good on spaghettis.


"1/4 pound single"


"Shrimp Supreme" which comes in a silver wrapping


The sight of shrimps in the patty


Fries and "Chili"

*Pardon me for my photography skills as I'm still learning on how to take shots and lightings and angles and settings and everything.

One thing which I've noticed during my second trip back to Wendy's was, their speed of serving food was much faster though it still can be better. Previous trip was way tooooo loooooong and the second trip was not that loooooooong. I guess the waiting is for those who orders their shrimp burgers. Oh ya, their fries were to my liking, crispy and not too salty. Their drinks come in larger amount than other fast food restaurants of the similar size I think, not sure though, I need to bring a measuring cylinder or something. Also, their restaurant was a bit tiny as it was packed and hard for customers to reach the inner tables. Imagine if a family bring a baby pram or bowlers who brings bowling bags? Those interested can always visit Sunway Pyramid to try out Wendy's. It's situated at the same level as McDonalds & KFC.

No comments:

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.