Sunday, June 22, 2008

At last...

It has been years since I've been wanting a handbag for myself. Each time I see girls with nice handbags, I would look at them with envious eyes. So, my bf ended up giving me a sum (very decent amount) of money to buy myself a bag. If not mistaken, it should be last year or was it 2 years ago???. Anyway, it was supposed to be my birthday present but I just don't feel like spending such amount on a bag itself especially when I'm not working yet. The money was in the bank rotting. *lol* I know, I'm stingy, kedekut, kiam siap, ku hon... name it. Bah!!

On the year which my bf gave me the money, I spotted this limited edition bag from Tous, but when I really decided to get the bag, it was not on the rack anymore. However, no regrets. I later targeted bags from several brands but ended up not buying anything. Still, I haven't set my eyes on any bags yet at that moment.

Last weekend, I went to Pavillion with my bf with the intention of having dinner only at Sakae. It was an outing meant to be a form of relaxation after some sleepless nights due to my finals. After dinner, a glance at our time on the handphone, my bf suggested that it's still early and I could still stroll around the mall. So, off we go. Again, I saw girls carrying fancy nice handbags and I blurted out a question, "Where is the handbag you promised to help me look for?" I told Dave I wanted a more mature looking bag as I'm considered to have finished studying. I also said I want a solid looking bag, not anymore of those bags I'm carrying. Lol. Without complain, he brought me into many shops and he really helped me pick but still, we ended up not buying any as I don't like any of it. Since it was 2 days before my last paper, I told him that we don't need to search anymore as I still need to revise as much as I could. Off we go, heading to the lift. Anyone familiar with Pavillion will surely know which lift I'm about to mention. Walking pass Fila, Dave said "Look, this handbag is nice" and so I turn my head towards the display at the glass and I instantly like it. I was so excited and I went into the shop. My expectation for the bag was around Rm200 plus or minus and since Fila was having sales, I thought it wouldn't be too expensive. There I go, asking the sales person to get me the bag, then I asked the price of it. I was shocked!!! However, I acted cool then I ask the sales person to bring me another one which by the look definately looks cheaper and I was right, it was 4 times cheaper. Lol, I told my bf, "Nah, I'll look around for another bag, let me consider" saying out loud. He persuaded me to buy it but still, I rejected. So, again, we headed towards the lift and into the car.

I felt so uncomfortable and keep thinking and thinking and still thinking, balancing the pros & cons of purchasing the bag. I love the bag but it's the price that matters though I have the budget way enough for it. However, I never bought such thing at that price. So, I kept bombarding Dave with suggestions, comments, questions, doubts etc. etc. I finally said, "I want the bag" as I don't want to end up feeling disappointed and sad like how I experienced before for a top I didn't purchase from Forever 21. How sad I was, as Melissa, my buddy witnessed before. Dave then suggested we'll go get the bag the very next day. I was restless the whole night, thinking what if the bag is gone?.

According to the sales person, this bag is a limited edition bag and it's material is unlike any other Fila bag which explains why it's damn bloody expensive. Also, the material is similar to the Fila Golf line and it's imported from Korea itself. I'm not sure about other shops in Malaysia, but Pavillion's branch got only 12 of such bag. That was why I was restless the whole night that day having known they only have 1 piece left for the colour I want. This is what I think is called Love At First Sight.

The very next morning, at around 11, Dave drove me down to Pavillion again, I rushed up to the Fila stall and I guess the sales person recognized me. He was smiling as if knowing I had not had a goodnight rest thinking about the bag. Hmm, I'm pretty sure that I was the first customer that day. I told him "Get me that bag, I want it!!" Anxiously, I got my bag and had a check on it before purchasing it officially. Nothing's wrong with it, so I pay the $$. Finally, I got my bag.. and I really love it.

The weird part is, to me at least, things that I plan to purchase/have will end up not having/purchasing one. I always find that when I said I need a bag and attempting to hunt for one with the girls, I'll end up buying something else and not a bag. This time, it was accidental and not well planned. At least I consider it quite spontaneous. I don't care what you all think about the bag, but I love it. Here's the picture of it.

No comments:

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.