Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello from BORNEO!

It's been quite a while since I post. Finally I get to come online as I was away for Kuching a few days. It has been a tiring journey, KL-KK(BKI)-Kuching-KK. Fortunately, the journey wasn't all that bad. Enjoyed the food in Kuching. The food was cheap and nice. Anyway, today, I would like to talk about one of my favourite food in KK.

It's none other than SEAFOOD but in porridge (or rather congee but locals mostly use porridge). This restaurant (I'll update on the name of the restaurant ASAP) cooks good congee. The texture is smooth and most importantly for me is, it doesn't taste too strong of ginger. Besides seafood, chicken, pork and beef are also available.


Claypot fish congee


Slices of fish


Claypot pork congee

The good thing about serving congees in claypot is that the congee remains hot in the claypot for a longer period of time compare to ordinary bowl which retain the heat and congee's texture and taste. The claypot congee ranges from Rm6.50-Rm10.00 per person. Besides congee, this restaurant does serve Yong Tau Fu, noodles and some common dishes I yet to try.

Overall, I prefer the fish congee. The slices of fish are fresh and given in a generous portion. I normally add in a little bit of Sabah chilli padi to enhance the taste. Hmm... I think crab congee would be nice and sweet. I'll give it a try someday. Ciao for now!


No comments:

Current Snippets

I'll be back! pretty soon...

19th June 2010
8.53 a.m.